The exact details of what you can and cannot do with your allotment vary slightly from site to site, however, the basic idea is that plots should be kept cultivated, tidy, safe and consideration given to other site users. The full rules and responsibilities are set out in an Agreement which the Plotholder is required to sign before taking on the plot. Copies of the GAFA Plotholder Agreements can be found here……
General rules include;
- The plot must be in cultivation and should be kept weed free
- One garden shed plus one chicken coop or one greenhouse per plot with a maximum size of 1.8m X 3m (6′ X 10′)
- Barbed wire is prohibited on plots
- Standard trees should not be planted but those on dwarf rooting stock are allowed
- Plot holder’s agree to a periodic inspection and to abide by the findings of the inspection
These rules vary and exact rules and requirements should be confirmed at each location.